web.dev LIVE: A digital event over three days and three time zones
Last week, my calendar was constantly alerting me to the fact that many of us would be gathering at Google I/O, and it definitely made me sad that we can’t be together in person right now! We have been so impressed with the role that web developers have played in these trying times, as they focus on the fundamentals, make sure critical information is available, that commerce can come online, and that we can work and educate from home. Kudos to you all.
We want to help.
So, we’re planning a three day digital event – web.dev LIVE – where web developers can come together, from the comfort of their homes to hear about the latest, most helpful updates to the platform, learn modern web techniques and to connect with other developers — including those who are pushing the community forward and have been on the front line with COVID related work.
The event will take place from June 30th to July 2nd and will include short three-hour content streams (in English) hosted on web.dev/live.
Reaching you where you are. In your time zone.
Planning a completely digital event has been an interesting challenge. While we can’t bring everyone together physically, we can still bring great content straight to your couch, kitchen or hammock-in-the-backyard. A digital event also gives us the opportunity to break out of physical constraints. We are no longer limited by space for attendance, and anyone, literally anywhere in the world, can “join” us at the click of a button (Oh and we, as part of the web community, should be proud of making that happen. Everyday!)
To really make this a regionally inclusive event, we will “travel” to three different time zones so we can answer your questions real-time, in your active hours. Each day will have unique content so you’re welcome to join us on all three days or watch the content on demand later, but developers in any timezone will have the team actively answering questions at least once through the event.
When will the event be live each day?
- June 30th, 9am – 12pm PDT (Optimized for developers in the Americas)
- July 1st, 12pm – 3pm GMT (Optimized for developers in Europe & Africa)
- July 2nd, 1pm – 4pm IST (Optimized for developers in Asia & Australia)
We have a ton of great content and fun stuff in store for you, so head to web.dev/live and sign up to get notified about the event.
Posted by Dion Almaer, Karaoke Lead for the Web Ecosystem
Related Google News:
- Scaling deep retrieval with TensorFlow Recommenders and Vertex AI Matching Engine May 1, 2023
- Unleash your Google Cloud data with ThoughtSpot, Looker, and BigQuery May 1, 2023
- Track, Trace and Triumph: How Utah Division of Wildlife Resources is harnessing Google Cloud to… May 1, 2023
- Seeing the World: Vertex AI Vision Developer Toolkit May 1, 2023
- BBC: Keeping up with a busy news day with an end-to-end serverless architecture May 1, 2023
- Scalable electronic trading on Google Cloud: A business case with BidFX May 1, 2023
- Google Cloud and Equinix: Building Excellence in ML Operations (MLOps) May 1, 2023
- 20 new Chrome themes from Asian American and Pacific Islander artists May 1, 2023
May 26, 2020
Google / Open Source
This website is not part of the Google website or Google LLC. Additionally, this site is not endorsed by Google in any way. Google is a trademark of Google LLC.