View your personal and work calendars together on Google Calendar with Android 11 work profile
In Google Calendar, when you’re using a work profile on a device with Android 11 and up, you can now see your personal and work calendars together.
Admins and end users
Why you’d use it
Android work profile makes it easy to separate your work and personal data on the same device. When it comes to your calendar events, however, it’s useful to be able to manage both work and personal events in a single place. That’s why we’ve added support for viewing your personal calendars in your work Calendar app. We’ve leveraged a new secure mechanism provided by Android 11 to continue to store personal and work calendar data separately with the same work profile privacy protection.
Both admins and users must enable this feature before the experience will become available on a user’s work Calendar app.
Once enabled, you’ll be able to view your personal calendars alongside your work calendars in the work Calendar app, and quickly switch back to your personal Calendar app to make edits. Work events will not be shown on your personal Calendar app. Personal calendars on your work Calendar app will be invisible to coworkers and administrators, unless you share your personal calendars directly with your work account.
Admins: This feature will be OFF by default. Cross-profile permissions can be enabled at the Google Workspace app level. Please reach out to your Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) provider to learn how. This setting is usually available on the Admin console provided by your EMM provider.
End users: If your organization allows it, you can enable the work Calendar app to display your personal calendars from the personal Calendar app. See the Help Center for instructions.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on November 11, 2020
- Available to Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits
- Google Help: Add personal calendars to work Calendar app (for Android work profile)
- Keyword: Championing employee privacy, productivity with Android 11
Related Google News:
- Scaling deep retrieval with TensorFlow Recommenders and Vertex AI Matching Engine May 1, 2023
- Unleash your Google Cloud data with ThoughtSpot, Looker, and BigQuery May 1, 2023
- Track, Trace and Triumph: How Utah Division of Wildlife Resources is harnessing Google Cloud to… May 1, 2023
- Seeing the World: Vertex AI Vision Developer Toolkit May 1, 2023
- BBC: Keeping up with a busy news day with an end-to-end serverless architecture May 1, 2023
- Scalable electronic trading on Google Cloud: A business case with BidFX May 1, 2023
- Google Cloud and Equinix: Building Excellence in ML Operations (MLOps) May 1, 2023
- Google Docs can make a table of contents for you — here’s how May 1, 2023
November 11, 2020
Apps / Google
This website is not part of the Google website or Google LLC. Additionally, this site is not endorsed by Google in any way. Google is a trademark of Google LLC.