Use the Count API to estimate Vault API export sizes
Quick launch summary
We’re adding a Count API to the Vault API. The Count API enables you to see the number of messages, files, or other data items that match a search query.
You can use the number of items to estimate the size of the export, and then choose to proceed with the export or adjust the query to retrieve fewer items. This can help ensure a successful export by reducing the likelihood of export errors due to size.
- Admins: Visit the API documentation to learn more about the Count API and review an example.
- End users: No end user impact.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on October 15, 2020
- Available to Business Plus, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Enterprise for Education, as well as other customers with the Vault add-on license
- Not available to Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Education, and Nonprofits customers
- This feature was listed as an upcoming release.
Related Google News:
- Scaling deep retrieval with TensorFlow Recommenders and Vertex AI Matching Engine May 1, 2023
- Unleash your Google Cloud data with ThoughtSpot, Looker, and BigQuery May 1, 2023
- Track, Trace and Triumph: How Utah Division of Wildlife Resources is harnessing Google Cloud to… May 1, 2023
- Seeing the World: Vertex AI Vision Developer Toolkit May 1, 2023
- BBC: Keeping up with a busy news day with an end-to-end serverless architecture May 1, 2023
- Scalable electronic trading on Google Cloud: A business case with BidFX May 1, 2023
- Effingo: the internal Google copy service moving data at scale May 1, 2023
- Evaluating the true cost or TCO of a database — and how Cloud Spanner compares May 1, 2023
October 15, 2020
Apps / Google
This website is not part of the Google website or Google LLC. Additionally, this site is not endorsed by Google in any way. Google is a trademark of Google LLC.