Updates to Admin console security settings section, new location for password policy reporting
We’ve streamlined the security settings section of the Admin console. Specifically you may notice:
- Interface and content updates to Admin console > Security
- A new location for password policy reporting at Admin console > Reports
See more details below.
Why it matters
This is the latest in a series of updates we’ve made in the last few months to improve the Admin console. These updates will make your security settings easier to see, and help you find important settings which can help you maintain a strong security posture for your organization.
Interface and content updates to Admin console > Security
- An updated and reorganized interface for the main security settings section at Admin Console > Security.
- A new banner to the top of the Admin Console > Security page, which has links to learn more about security and privacy in Google Cloud. Previously this information was in a dedicated section (at Admin console > Security > Security and privacy resources) which has now been removed.
- The removal of password policy reporting from this section. It’s now been moved to the Reports section (see more below).
A new location for password policy reporting at Admin console > Reports
Data on user password policy compliance has been moved to the Reports section of the Admin console. Now you can find information such as password strength and length requirements at Admin Console > Reports > Accounts, and Admin Console > Reports > User reports > Security. Previously, this was at Admin console > Security > Password monitoring.
By adding this data to the reports section, you can now use filters, view by OU, view historical values, and download reports features that were not available in the previous location.
In addition, when reporting on password policy compliance, we now simply show whether or not a user’s password length is in compliance with the configured policy. Previously, we stated the specific length of the password.
New password compliance information in the Admin console > Reports section
You can now use filters, view by OU, view historical values, and download reports for password compliance data
The new interface for the Security section of the Admin console
- Admins: These changes will take place automatically. To learn more about managing these areas, use our Help Center to learn more about enforcing and monitoring users’ password requirements or managing security settings for your organization.
- End users: No end user impact.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on July 16, 2020
- Available to all G Suite customers
Related Google News:
- Scaling deep retrieval with TensorFlow Recommenders and Vertex AI Matching Engine May 1, 2023
- Unleash your Google Cloud data with ThoughtSpot, Looker, and BigQuery May 1, 2023
- Track, Trace and Triumph: How Utah Division of Wildlife Resources is harnessing Google Cloud to… May 1, 2023
- Seeing the World: Vertex AI Vision Developer Toolkit May 1, 2023
- BBC: Keeping up with a busy news day with an end-to-end serverless architecture May 1, 2023
- Scalable electronic trading on Google Cloud: A business case with BidFX May 1, 2023
- Google Cloud and Equinix: Building Excellence in ML Operations (MLOps) May 1, 2023
- 20 new Chrome themes from Asian American and Pacific Islander artists May 1, 2023
July 16, 2020
Apps / Google
This website is not part of the Google website or Google LLC. Additionally, this site is not endorsed by Google in any way. Google is a trademark of Google LLC.