Turning events into action
Reading time: 2 minutes
Attending an event is a great way to further your specialist knowledge, gather new insights, and get a fresh perspective on your industry (while taking a welcome break from the office). But have you ever considered using the day as an opportunity to meet and recruit new customers?
The people you meet at an event have the potential to become some of the most valuable on your roster. After all you have a built-in conversation starter. Whether it’s the subject matter of the day, the venue, or even the quality of the coffee at the refreshments table, you don’t have to lead in with a cold open but instead begin to create a real connection.
Chances are if they’re attending the same event as you, the person you’re speaking to already has a baseline subject knowledge of your industry. So, you can skip the explanations and get straight to the nitty gritty.
This all sounds great, but sometimes making the leap from polite small talk to conversion is easier said than done. That’s why Google has put together a helpful video and infographic to help you utilize an event as a tool for customer recruitment. This covers everything from preparing for the event itself, how to network on the day, right through to carrying out successful follow-up afterwards. You’ll never attend an event the same way again.
Check out our infographic and video to discover more top tips on winning leads from events.
Download the infographic here
Check out the video below:
Related Google News:
- Scaling deep retrieval with TensorFlow Recommenders and Vertex AI Matching Engine May 1, 2023
- Unleash your Google Cloud data with ThoughtSpot, Looker, and BigQuery May 1, 2023
- Track, Trace and Triumph: How Utah Division of Wildlife Resources is harnessing Google Cloud to… May 1, 2023
- Seeing the World: Vertex AI Vision Developer Toolkit May 1, 2023
- BBC: Keeping up with a busy news day with an end-to-end serverless architecture May 1, 2023
- Scalable electronic trading on Google Cloud: A business case with BidFX May 1, 2023
- Google Cloud and Equinix: Building Excellence in ML Operations (MLOps) May 1, 2023
- Effingo: the internal Google copy service moving data at scale May 1, 2023
June 11, 2018
Ads / Google
This website is not part of the Google website or Google LLC. Additionally, this site is not endorsed by Google in any way. Google is a trademark of Google LLC.