Set your status as away in Google Chat in Gmail
Quick launch summary
You can now set yourself as “away” in Chat in Gmail.
When you set your status to away, you will show as offline to others, even when you’re active, helping you to focus solely on your work uninterrupted.
|New presence menu in Gmail|
|Set your status as away on Gmail mobile apps|
For domains that still use chat in classic Hangouts, disabling the “Show when you were last active” setting will now show you as away in Chat.
This feature is rolling out to Gmail on the web and the Gmail iOS app. It will be coming soon to the Gmail app on Android. We will post on the Google Workspace Updates blog when this rollout begins.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: This feature will be off by default. To set your status to away, select that option in the presence menu in Gmail.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on October 29, 2020
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on November 12, 2020
- Available to Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits customers
- Not available to Essentials customers
Related Google News:
- Scaling deep retrieval with TensorFlow Recommenders and Vertex AI Matching Engine May 1, 2023
- Unleash your Google Cloud data with ThoughtSpot, Looker, and BigQuery May 1, 2023
- Track, Trace and Triumph: How Utah Division of Wildlife Resources is harnessing Google Cloud to… May 1, 2023
- Seeing the World: Vertex AI Vision Developer Toolkit May 1, 2023
- BBC: Keeping up with a busy news day with an end-to-end serverless architecture May 1, 2023
- Scalable electronic trading on Google Cloud: A business case with BidFX May 1, 2023
- Google Cloud and Equinix: Building Excellence in ML Operations (MLOps) May 1, 2023
- Google Docs can make a table of contents for you — here’s how May 1, 2023
October 29, 2020
Apps / Google
This website is not part of the Google website or Google LLC. Additionally, this site is not endorsed by Google in any way. Google is a trademark of Google LLC.