Service accounts in Google Groups and with Groups API now generally available
Quick launch summary
We recently announced betas for two new features related to service accounts. Now, these features are generally available:
- Support for service accounts in Google Groups, which makes it easier to use service accounts with groups while increasing security and transparency. Learn more.
- Use service accounts with Google Groups APIs without domain-wide delegation, which enables service accounts to perform critical business processes without compromising your strong security and compliance posture. Learn more.
Groups are a critical tool for customers to manage their G Suite deployment. Many customers use service accounts with Groups to automate user management, manage migrations, and integrate G Suite with other apps, tools, and services. Use the announcements linked above to learn more about the features and how you can use them.
Learn more about these and other launches in our Security Blog post highlighting 10 new security and management controls for security at scale.
Service accounts in Google Groups
- Admins: These features will be available by default. Get started with the setup guide for authenticating with the Groups API. Visit our Help Center to learn more about managing Groups for your organization, creating service accounts, using the Cloud Identity Groups API, or checking Audit logs in the Admin console.
- End users: No end user impact.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: These features are available now for all users.
- Available to all G Suite customers
Related Google News:
- Scaling deep retrieval with TensorFlow Recommenders and Vertex AI Matching Engine May 1, 2023
- Unleash your Google Cloud data with ThoughtSpot, Looker, and BigQuery May 1, 2023
- Track, Trace and Triumph: How Utah Division of Wildlife Resources is harnessing Google Cloud to… May 1, 2023
- Seeing the World: Vertex AI Vision Developer Toolkit May 1, 2023
- BBC: Keeping up with a busy news day with an end-to-end serverless architecture May 1, 2023
- Scalable electronic trading on Google Cloud: A business case with BidFX May 1, 2023
- Google Cloud and Equinix: Building Excellence in ML Operations (MLOps) May 1, 2023
- Google Docs can make a table of contents for you — here’s how May 1, 2023
September 29, 2020
Apps / Google
This website is not part of the Google website or Google LLC. Additionally, this site is not endorsed by Google in any way. Google is a trademark of Google LLC.