New features for better sleep, personal safety arrive on Pixel
Whether you’re trying to extend your battery life or find ways to disconnect each night, Pixel’s latest features make it easier than ever to get the most out of your phone, and help keep you safe.
Adaptive Battery improvements
Adaptive Battery already learns your favourite apps and reduces power to the ones you rarely use. Now, Adaptive Battery on Pixel 2 and newer devices can predict when your battery will run out and further reduce background activity to keep your Pixel powered longer.
Bedtime made better
The new bedtime feature in Clock helps you maintain a consistent sleep schedule and strike a better balance with your screen time each night. Fall asleep to calming sounds and limit interruptions while you sleep — and if you stay up on your phone past bedtime, you’ll get a snapshot of how much time you’re spending awake and on which apps. Each morning, you can wake up with your favourite track or with a gradually brighter screen with Sunrise Alarm.
Recorder, Docs and the new Google Assistant all working together
The Recorder app (available in English*) now lets you start, stop and search voice recordings using the new Google Assistant. Simply say “Hey Google, start recording my meeting,” or “Hey Google, show me recordings about dogs.” You can even save a transcript directly to Google Docs, making it easier to share with others. Learn more about using the Google Assistant with Recorder on your Pixel phone.
Personal safety features
The Personal Safety app on Pixel 4 will now be available on all Pixel devices.
We’re introducing new safety features, too, like safety check, which schedules a check-in from the app at a later time. For example if you’re about to go on a run or hike alone, safety check will help make sure you made it back safely. If you don’t respond to the scheduled check-in, the app will alert your emergency contacts. In the event that you need immediate help or are in a dangerous situation, emergency sharing notifies all of your emergency contacts and shares your real-time location through Google Maps so they can send help or find you.
And to be ultra-prepared, you can enable crisis alerts in the Personal Safety app to get notifications about natural disasters or other public emergencies.
For more information on the new features that just dropped and to see when the update will land on your phone, head to the Pixel forum.
*Transcription and search are available in English only. Use of the Recorder app with Google Assistant is not available in all countries and requires a Pixel 4. For more information, see g.co/pixel/recorder. Exporting transcripts to Google Docs requires a Google Account.
Related Google News:
- Scaling deep retrieval with TensorFlow Recommenders and Vertex AI Matching Engine May 1, 2023
- Unleash your Google Cloud data with ThoughtSpot, Looker, and BigQuery May 1, 2023
- Track, Trace and Triumph: How Utah Division of Wildlife Resources is harnessing Google Cloud to… May 1, 2023
- BBC: Keeping up with a busy news day with an end-to-end serverless architecture May 1, 2023
- Scalable electronic trading on Google Cloud: A business case with BidFX May 1, 2023
- Google Cloud and Equinix: Building Excellence in ML Operations (MLOps) May 1, 2023
- 20 new Chrome themes from Asian American and Pacific Islander artists May 1, 2023
- Effingo: the internal Google copy service moving data at scale May 1, 2023