New device management API available in beta
We’re launching a beta for a new API to manage company-owned and personal mobile devices and desktop devices. It will work for devices managed via fundamental management, endpoint verification, Drive File Steam, and enhanced desktop security for Windows. Find out more about device management in G Suite.
The new API is part of the Cloud Identity API, and will eventually replace the Admin SDK Directory API used to manage mobile devices.
Admins and developers
Why you’d use it
The new API includes all the capabilities of the Admin SDK Directory API it will replace. In addition, it adds these new features over and above the Admin SDK:
- Ability to create and manage company owned devices
- Ability to manage Windows devices registered with the Google Credential Provider for Windows
- Ability to manage desktop services such as those with the “Endpoint Verification” extension or those with Drive File Stream installed on them
- Admins and developers: This beta is available by default. See our API documentation to learn more.
- End users: No impact for end users.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on July 23, 2020
- The beta is open to all G Suite customers.
- Developer API documentation: https://cloud.google.com/identity/docs/apis
Related Google News:
- Scaling deep retrieval with TensorFlow Recommenders and Vertex AI Matching Engine May 1, 2023
- Unleash your Google Cloud data with ThoughtSpot, Looker, and BigQuery May 1, 2023
- Track, Trace and Triumph: How Utah Division of Wildlife Resources is harnessing Google Cloud to… May 1, 2023
- Seeing the World: Vertex AI Vision Developer Toolkit May 1, 2023
- BBC: Keeping up with a busy news day with an end-to-end serverless architecture May 1, 2023
- Scalable electronic trading on Google Cloud: A business case with BidFX May 1, 2023
- Google Cloud and Equinix: Building Excellence in ML Operations (MLOps) May 1, 2023
- 20 new Chrome themes from Asian American and Pacific Islander artists May 1, 2023
July 23, 2020
Apps / Google
This website is not part of the Google website or Google LLC. Additionally, this site is not endorsed by Google in any way. Google is a trademark of Google LLC.