New default video playback option in Google Slides
Quick launch summary
We’re updating the default way videos play when you present in Google Slides. Now, the video will start playing when you click to advance the presentation. Previously, the presenter had to specifically click on the video to start playing.
With this launch, there are now three options to control playback:
- Play (on click) – Video will play when you advance the slide. (This is the new default option.)
- Play (automatically) – Video will play without you clicking to advance.
- Play (manual) – Video will play when you click specifically on the embedded video in the slide while presenting. (This was previously the default.)
The new play on click option works the same way as any other animation or slide transition. When you’re presenting a slide with an embedded video, advance the slide by pressing a key, clicking a mouse, or using a remote clicker, and the video will start playing. You can adjust the sequence the video plays in the animations sidebar, so you can coordinate playback with other animations on the slide.
Note that this change in default behavior will only apply to videos inserted after the launch takes place. Videos already in presentations will not change playback type automatically, but you can change them manually in the format options.
The new default will help make presentations flow better and reduce distractions, so presenters can focus on content rather than where they have to click.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: This feature will be ON by default and can be turned off for any video in video format options. Visit the Help Center to learn more about videos in Slides.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (Up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on October 14, 2020
- Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1-3 days for feature visibility) starting on November 4, 2020
- Available to Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits customers and users with personal accounts
Related Google News:
- Scaling deep retrieval with TensorFlow Recommenders and Vertex AI Matching Engine May 1, 2023
- Unleash your Google Cloud data with ThoughtSpot, Looker, and BigQuery May 1, 2023
- Track, Trace and Triumph: How Utah Division of Wildlife Resources is harnessing Google Cloud to… May 1, 2023
- Seeing the World: Vertex AI Vision Developer Toolkit May 1, 2023
- BBC: Keeping up with a busy news day with an end-to-end serverless architecture May 1, 2023
- Scalable electronic trading on Google Cloud: A business case with BidFX May 1, 2023
- Google Cloud and Equinix: Building Excellence in ML Operations (MLOps) May 1, 2023
- Google Docs can make a table of contents for you — here’s how May 1, 2023
October 14, 2020
Apps / Google
This website is not part of the Google website or Google LLC. Additionally, this site is not endorsed by Google in any way. Google is a trademark of Google LLC.