New chart axis customization in Google Sheets: tick marks, tick spacing, and axis lines
Quick launch summary
We’re adding new features to help you customize chart axes in Google Sheets and better visualize your data in charts. The new options are:
- Add major and minor tick marks to charts.
- Customize tick mark location (inner, outer, and cross) and style (color, length, and thickness).
- Set the precise numeric spacing between major and minor axis ticks or grid lines.
- Choose to show or remove the line that marks the axis.
See how this works in the images below.
Customize the location and style of tick marks.
Set the spacing between tick marks and grid lines.
Choose to show or remove axis lines
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
- End users: This feature will be ON by default. Visit the Help Center to learn more about customizing axes in Google Sheets.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on 06/29/2020.
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on 07/20/2020.
- Available to all G Suite customers and users with personal accounts
Related Google News:
- Scaling deep retrieval with TensorFlow Recommenders and Vertex AI Matching Engine May 1, 2023
- Unleash your Google Cloud data with ThoughtSpot, Looker, and BigQuery May 1, 2023
- Track, Trace and Triumph: How Utah Division of Wildlife Resources is harnessing Google Cloud to… May 1, 2023
- Seeing the World: Vertex AI Vision Developer Toolkit May 1, 2023
- BBC: Keeping up with a busy news day with an end-to-end serverless architecture May 1, 2023
- Scalable electronic trading on Google Cloud: A business case with BidFX May 1, 2023
- Google Cloud and Equinix: Building Excellence in ML Operations (MLOps) May 1, 2023
- Google Docs can make a table of contents for you — here’s how May 1, 2023
June 29, 2020
Apps / Google
This website is not part of the Google website or Google LLC. Additionally, this site is not endorsed by Google in any way. Google is a trademark of Google LLC.