Introducing two BeyondCorp Alliance partner integrations for improved context-aware access
We’re announcing new integrations with our BeyondCorp Alliance partners Check Point and Lookout. The integrations, initially available in beta, are built using the Devices API and enable customers to use third party signals in context-aware access decisions.
Why it’s important
In the BeyondCorp security model, device inventory, state, and security posture are central to making context-aware access decisions. So far our context-aware access solution obtained these signals from first party (i.e. Google) sources, such as Endpoint Verification. However our vision has always been to help customers to fully leverage their existing investments in security tools and controls, add key functionality and signals to Google’s context-aware access to achieve superior access control security posture for our customers. The BeyondCorp Alliance is a group of partners that share our Zero Trust vision and who are committed to working with us to help our joint customers make it a reality.
Today, we are excited to announce the first integrations (in beta) with our BeyondCorp Alliance partners Check Point and Lookout, to use third party signals in our context-aware access decisions. For example, the mobile threat defence system might detect malware on the device and notify Google about a reduced security assurance, and customer-defined access rules can reduce the level of access allowed from such devices, without impacting access for that user from other devices or for other users. The integrations are built using the new Devices API we announced earlier this year. The API was designed to be used by partners in the BeyondCorp Alliance to add device security metadata, and also by customers to manage their device fleet.
- Admins: Google customers who use Checkpoint or Lookout as their mobile threat defense solutions can benefit from the integration. Visit our Help Center for more information and to learn more about how to set up third-party partner integrations. You can also see blog posts by our partners to see more about how you can use Check Point or Lookout solutions as part of this integration.
- End users: No impact for end users.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on November 2, 2020
- Available to Enterprise Plus, Enterprise for Education, and Cloud Identity Premium customers
- Not available to Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Education, and Nonprofits customers
Related Google News:
- Scaling deep retrieval with TensorFlow Recommenders and Vertex AI Matching Engine May 1, 2023
- Unleash your Google Cloud data with ThoughtSpot, Looker, and BigQuery May 1, 2023
- Seeing the World: Vertex AI Vision Developer Toolkit May 1, 2023
- BBC: Keeping up with a busy news day with an end-to-end serverless architecture May 1, 2023
- Scalable electronic trading on Google Cloud: A business case with BidFX May 1, 2023
- Effingo: the internal Google copy service moving data at scale May 1, 2023
- Evaluating the true cost or TCO of a database — and how Cloud Spanner compares May 1, 2023
- Framing up FinOps: All about Google Cloud billing tools May 1, 2023
November 2, 2020
Apps / Google
This website is not part of the Google website or Google LLC. Additionally, this site is not endorsed by Google in any way. Google is a trademark of Google LLC.