Google Docs assistive writing features coming to G Suite for Education and Nonprofits
Quick launch summary
We’re making two Google Docs assistive writing features—Smart Compose and Autocorrect—available to G Suite for Education, G Suite Enterprise for Education, and G Suite for Nonprofits users.
These features add to other intelligent assistive writing features, such as neural grammar correction in Gmail, which help G Suite for Education users write more quickly and efficiently. The new features were previously available to other G Suite editions, but not G Suite for Education customers. Users can choose to turn each feature on or off.
Autocorrect in Google Docs
Autocorrect helps you compose documents quickly and with confidence. Misspelled words will automatically be corrected while typing and denoted with a grey dashed underline. As you continue typing, this dashed line will disappear. It will be available for Google Docs on the web in English. See more information on autocorrect in Docs here.
Smart Compose in Google Docs
Smart Compose helps you compose high-quality content faster by cutting back on repetitive writing while reducing the chance of spelling and grammatical errors. It will be available for Google Docs on the web in English. See more information on Smart Compose in Docs here.
Admins: There are currently no admin controls for these features. However, we plan to add an admin control for Smart Compose by the start of the 2020/2021 school year.
- Smart Compose in Docs will be ON by default and can be disabled by the user. Visit the Help Center to learn more about using Smart Compose in Google Docs.
- Autocorrect in Docs will be ON by default and can be disabled by the user. Visit the Help Center to learn more about using autocorrect in Google Docs.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) starting on June 1, 2020. We expect rollout to complete by June 30, 2020.
- Now available to G Suite for Education, G Suite Enterprise for Education customers, and G Suite for Nonprofits customers
- Already available to G Suite Basic, G Suite Business, and G Suite Enterprise customers.
- Google Help: Use Smart Compose in Google Docs
- Google Help: Correct your spelling & grammar in Google Docs
- G Suite Updates Blog: Smart Compose in Google Docs now generally available
- G Suite Updates Blog: Improved as-you-type spelling and grammar correction in Gmail
- G Suite Updates Blog: Autocorrect now available for Google Docs on web
Related Google News:
- Scaling deep retrieval with TensorFlow Recommenders and Vertex AI Matching Engine May 1, 2023
- Unleash your Google Cloud data with ThoughtSpot, Looker, and BigQuery May 1, 2023
- Track, Trace and Triumph: How Utah Division of Wildlife Resources is harnessing Google Cloud to… May 1, 2023
- Seeing the World: Vertex AI Vision Developer Toolkit May 1, 2023
- BBC: Keeping up with a busy news day with an end-to-end serverless architecture May 1, 2023
- Scalable electronic trading on Google Cloud: A business case with BidFX May 1, 2023
- Google Cloud and Equinix: Building Excellence in ML Operations (MLOps) May 1, 2023
- Google Docs can make a table of contents for you — here’s how May 1, 2023