Coming soon: See read receipts on direct messages in Google Chat
Quick launch summary
No sooner than October 5, you’ll be able to see when your Google Chat direct messages have been seen. This will only apply in active chat windows for one-on-one conversations on Android, iOS, and the web. In these messages, you’ll see the avatar of the person you’re chatting with to the right of the last message they’ve seen.
|See when your Google Chat message has been read|
Read receipts will show a sender when a message has been read by the recipient or if the recipient has replied to a message from a notification. Read receipts won’t be visible in group messages or rooms.
This feature was previously available in classic Hangouts and is now available in Google Chat.
Stay tuned on the G Suite Updates blog for more information on exact timing.
Admins: There is no admin control for this feature.
End users: There is no end user setting for this feature.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Extended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility) no sooner than October 5, 2020
- Available to all G Suite customers
Related Google News:
- Scaling deep retrieval with TensorFlow Recommenders and Vertex AI Matching Engine May 1, 2023
- Unleash your Google Cloud data with ThoughtSpot, Looker, and BigQuery May 1, 2023
- Track, Trace and Triumph: How Utah Division of Wildlife Resources is harnessing Google Cloud to… May 1, 2023
- Seeing the World: Vertex AI Vision Developer Toolkit May 1, 2023
- BBC: Keeping up with a busy news day with an end-to-end serverless architecture May 1, 2023
- Scalable electronic trading on Google Cloud: A business case with BidFX May 1, 2023
- Google Cloud and Equinix: Building Excellence in ML Operations (MLOps) May 1, 2023
- Google Docs can make a table of contents for you — here’s how May 1, 2023
September 3, 2020
Apps / Google
This website is not part of the Google website or Google LLC. Additionally, this site is not endorsed by Google in any way. Google is a trademark of Google LLC.