Changes to History on/off setting in Google Chat
Quick launch summary
Beginning October 8, we’re making the following changes to the history on/off setting in Google Chat:
- We’re moving the history on/off setting from the compose box to the conversation settings
- We’ve updated the look and feel of the setting to make it easier to visually tell if you have history set to on or off
- Admins: As before, you can control whether or not to keep chat history on for your users. You can set the default and also let users change the history setting for each conversation.
- End users: If chat history is enabled for your organization, it can be enabled or disabled per conversation in Chat in Gmail or Google Chat. Next to the conversation name, click the arrow and select “Turn on history” or “Turn off history”.
|Turn on history in conversation options|
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on October 8, 2020
- Available to all G Suite customers
Related Google News:
- Scaling deep retrieval with TensorFlow Recommenders and Vertex AI Matching Engine May 1, 2023
- Unleash your Google Cloud data with ThoughtSpot, Looker, and BigQuery May 1, 2023
- Track, Trace and Triumph: How Utah Division of Wildlife Resources is harnessing Google Cloud to… May 1, 2023
- Seeing the World: Vertex AI Vision Developer Toolkit May 1, 2023
- BBC: Keeping up with a busy news day with an end-to-end serverless architecture May 1, 2023
- Scalable electronic trading on Google Cloud: A business case with BidFX May 1, 2023
- Google Cloud and Equinix: Building Excellence in ML Operations (MLOps) May 1, 2023
- Google Docs can make a table of contents for you — here’s how May 1, 2023
October 1, 2020
Apps / Google
This website is not part of the Google website or Google LLC. Additionally, this site is not endorsed by Google in any way. Google is a trademark of Google LLC.