Building a safer mobility future
I’m thrilled to join Waymo as Chief Safety Officer, where safety is at the heart of the mission to expand access to mobility and save lives. Over the last 20 years, I’ve designed, tested, and deployed complex systems, and most recently served as Vice President of Safety, Quality, and Mission Assurance for Virgin Orbit. Prior to that, I served as Director of Safety and Mission Assurance for the Boeing Commercial Crew Program. I also held various leadership positions within Boeing’s Space Division, designing and launching commercial and government satellites.
I have been fortunate to work on groundbreaking projects such as launching rockets into orbit from an aircraft and leading the safety design of the next generation human-rated spacecraft. In each case, there were unique safety challenges to overcome and many risks to mitigate. I look forward to leveraging that experience to help the talented Waymo team achieve the goal of reducing traffic injuries and fatalities by building and deploying the world’s most experienced driver.
It is an exciting time to join the leader in fully autonomous technology. The release of Waymo’s Safety Methodologies and road safety performance data affirms Waymo’s leadership in autonomous vehicles and demonstrates a level of openness and transparency unparalleled in the industry.
I am honored by the opportunity to help this team go further and build a safer mobility future.
Related Google News:
- Scaling deep retrieval with TensorFlow Recommenders and Vertex AI Matching Engine May 1, 2023
- Seeing the World: Vertex AI Vision Developer Toolkit May 1, 2023
- BBC: Keeping up with a busy news day with an end-to-end serverless architecture May 1, 2023
- Scalable electronic trading on Google Cloud: A business case with BidFX May 1, 2023
- Google Cloud and Equinix: Building Excellence in ML Operations (MLOps) May 1, 2023
- Evaluating the true cost or TCO of a database — and how Cloud Spanner compares May 1, 2023
- Google at ICLR 2023 May 1, 2023
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - April 28, 2023 April 28, 2023
November 12, 2020
Auto / Google
This website is not part of the Google website or Google LLC. Additionally, this site is not endorsed by Google in any way. Google is a trademark of Google LLC.