BigQuery explained: Blog series
BigQuery is positioned as a unique analytics data warehousing service with its serverless architecture that allows it to operate at scale and speed to provide incredibly fast SQL analytics over large datasets. We started a new blog series—BigQuery Explained—to uncover and explain BigQuery’s concepts, features and improvements. This blog post is the home page to the series with links to the existing and upcoming posts for the readers to refer. Here are links to the blog posts in this series:
Overview: This post dives into how data warehouses change business decision making, how BigQuery solves problems with traditional data warehouses, and dives into a high-level overview of BigQuery architecture and how to quickly get started with BigQuery.
Storage Overview: This post dives into BigQuery storage organization, storage format and introduces partitioning and clustering data for optimal performance.
Data Ingestion: In this post, we cover options to load data into BigQuery. This post dives into batch ingestion and introduces streaming, data transfer service and query materialization.
Querying your Data: This post covers querying data with BigQuery, lifecycle of a SQL query, standard & materialized views, saving and sharing queries.
Working with Joins, Nested & Repeated Data: This post looks into joins with BigQuery, optimizing join patterns and nested and repeated fields for denormalizing data.
We have more articles coming soon covering BigQuery’s features and concepts.
Stay tuned. Thank you for reading! Have a question or want to chat? Find me on Twitter or LinkedIn.
Many thanks to Alicia Williams for helping with the posts.
Related Google News:
- Scaling deep retrieval with TensorFlow Recommenders and Vertex AI Matching Engine May 1, 2023
- Unleash your Google Cloud data with ThoughtSpot, Looker, and BigQuery May 1, 2023
- Track, Trace and Triumph: How Utah Division of Wildlife Resources is harnessing Google Cloud to… May 1, 2023
- Seeing the World: Vertex AI Vision Developer Toolkit May 1, 2023
- BBC: Keeping up with a busy news day with an end-to-end serverless architecture May 1, 2023
- Scalable electronic trading on Google Cloud: A business case with BidFX May 1, 2023
- Google Cloud and Equinix: Building Excellence in ML Operations (MLOps) May 1, 2023
- Google Docs can make a table of contents for you — here’s how May 1, 2023