Assignments now generally available for G Suite for Education customers
Quick launch summary
We’re making Assignments generally available as a Core Service for G Suite for Education customers. It was previously available in beta. Assignments is an add-on for your school’s learning management system (LMS), which simplifies the process of creating and grading coursework with flexible, collaborative, and easy-to-use tools.
- You can use G Suite for Education tools to optimize your assignment workflows, including:
- Distributing personalized Google Drive templates and worksheets to students
- Enabling students to submit Google Drive files as assignments
- Analyzing student work for plagiarism and fostering authentic writing with originality reports
- Providing feedback and grades which sync to your LMS gradebook
See the Google for Education blog for more information on how Assignments brings the G Suite experience to your LMS.
- Admins: Assignments works as a Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) tool integrated within your LMS. It must be installed or configured in your school’s LMS before any instructor or user can start using it. Visit our Help Center to learn more about how to set up Assignments for your organization.
- Instructors and end users: No action needed until Assignments is enabled by an admin. Once enabled, use our Help Center to learn more about how Assignments works.
- Rapid and Scheduled Release domains: Full rollout (1–3 days for feature visibility) starting on August 11, 2020
- Available to G Suite for Education and G Suite Enterprise for Education customers
- Not available to G Suite Basic, G Suite Business, G Suite Enterprise, G Suite for Nonprofits, G Suite Essentials, and G Suite Enterprise Essentials customers
Related Google News:
- Scaling deep retrieval with TensorFlow Recommenders and Vertex AI Matching Engine May 1, 2023
- Unleash your Google Cloud data with ThoughtSpot, Looker, and BigQuery May 1, 2023
- Track, Trace and Triumph: How Utah Division of Wildlife Resources is harnessing Google Cloud to… May 1, 2023
- BBC: Keeping up with a busy news day with an end-to-end serverless architecture May 1, 2023
- Scalable electronic trading on Google Cloud: A business case with BidFX May 1, 2023
- Effingo: the internal Google copy service moving data at scale May 1, 2023
- Evaluating the true cost or TCO of a database — and how Cloud Spanner compares May 1, 2023
- Framing up FinOps: All about Google Cloud billing tools May 1, 2023
August 11, 2020
Apps / Google
This website is not part of the Google website or Google LLC. Additionally, this site is not endorsed by Google in any way. Google is a trademark of Google LLC.