Android 11 Developer Preview on Android TV
Posted by Xiaodao Wu, Developer Advocate
With the rise in quality content that’s keeping us glued to the big screen, it’s no surprise watch time on the TV continues to grow. As users spend more time in their living rooms, they are also looking to get more from their smart TVs and streaming devices. To help developers meet these needs, we are always working to support the latest Android features on Android TV.
Today, we are releasing an Android 11 Developer Preview for Android TV with many privacy, performance, accessibility and connectivity features. More information can be found on the Android 11 Developer Preview web page.
The Android 11 Developer Preview on TV is for developers (not for consumer use), this image is for ADT-3 developer devices only, it is available by manual download and flash. All user data on the ADT-3 device will be wiped out after flash. Once the device has been flashed to Android 11, you will not be able to go back to the previous Android 10 build.
- Download the system image (link) and unzip the file.
- Plug in the ADT-3 developer kit for Android TV and enable Developer options.
flash-all.shin the unzipped folder to perform manual system image installation to the ADT-3 device.
The flash-all script uses fastboot and adb tools to upgrade the system. The latest version of fastboot is recommended; developers can find it in the Android SDK Platform-Tools package.
We encourage you to test your Android TV app on the Android 11 Developer Preview. If you have any feedback, please reach out to us. We’d love to hear from you.
Tune in to the Android Beyond Phones week of the #11WeeksOfAndroid on August 10th for even more developer resources from Android TV.
Related Google News:
- Scaling deep retrieval with TensorFlow Recommenders and Vertex AI Matching Engine May 1, 2023
- Seeing the World: Vertex AI Vision Developer Toolkit May 1, 2023
- Google Workspace Updates Weekly Recap - April 28, 2023 April 28, 2023
- Serving With TF and GKE: Stable Diffusion April 28, 2023
- Cloud CISO Perspectives: Late April 2023 April 28, 2023
- How Bud Financial turns transactional data into rich customer insight April 28, 2023
- A Tool for Exploring and Testing Google Workspace APIs April 28, 2023
- Secure mobile payment transactions enabled by Android Protected Confirmation April 28, 2023